Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ice Cream Machine!!! Sooo bad yet soooo good :P

The hubby loves ice-cream. He loves it so much, he went on a mission to look for an ice-cream machine. The only problem is, he decided to go get it on Easter! I ended up ordering him one through amazon.com. We got the Cuisinart ICE-30BC.

Pretty, Isn't she?

The first recipe we tried was the vanilla ice cream recipe that came in the Cusinart's recipe book. It was pretty good. I had mine with some fresh pineapples.

My biggest gripe about the recipes is that it always calls for heavy cream and whole milk. For those who know a little bit about me, just last summer I was overweight. I've recently lost 35lbs and am trying to keep it off. Naturally, eating ice-cream isn't going to be too good for me. I'm going to experiment with Frozen yogurt and using substitutes for heavy cream and whole milk. From what I've read,  using half and half or skim milk will make the ice-cream more "icy" in texture. So we'll see.

Today, I made Lychee Ice-cream. I got the recipe from http://www.food.com/recipe/lychee-ice-cream-214114.

The main reason why I chose this recipe is because it didn't require any cooking (some recipes require egg yolks and cooking the ingredients, then letting it cool, etc.). It turned out really good! I used 8 ounces of heavy cream since I had the carton open from the last batch of Ice-cream and used 8 ounces of half 'n' half. The Ice-cream did seem a little lighter, but it was still very delicious and satisfying.


After eating my cup of lychee ice-cream, I realized my power...I can have almost ANY flavor ice-cream that my little heart desires! Also, If I want to make it low-fat, sugar-free, or turn it into a frozen yogurt...BAM! 20 minutes and there it is! Oh dear, I knew this was going to be dangerous!

2 comments:

  1. uh...YUM!! I imagine lower fat milks would mean more icy ice cream. it's the fat in cream that makes it creamyyyy!*drools*

    ReplyDelete