Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Slippery Shoes - Get back in the Bag

On Mondays, I shove my runners in my gym bag so that I can go for a run afterwork by the seawall.
The Seawall

I always place my runners in a plastic bag, but some how, in the jostle of the commute to work via train and walking, they escape and rub up against my clean clothes. Those ain't clean runners. They pick up who-knows-what when I run trails on the weekends. I really don't mind when they escape the bag and rub up against my dirty clothes though. :P

I was on Amazon and I found the perfect solution: A shoe bag. I'm not talking about the drawstring dust bag one gets for boots. I'm talking about something that will handle even the damp and dirty shoe: Pack-It™ Shoe Cube Medium.

http://www.eaglecreek.com/packing_solutions/packing_cubes/Pack-It-Shoe-Cube-Medium-41063/
Description on the Eagle Creek Website
  • Capacity: 500 cu in / 8 L Weight: 4 oz / 110 g Size:12 x 7 x 5 in / 30 x 18 x 13 cm
  • A lightweight shoe packing solution
  • Top grab handle
  • Side ventilation
  • LinkSeal Mesh top for dirt resistance and visibility
  • 2-way zippered opening
What I Love about it
  • It's got air holes. There are grommets along the side so that your shoes can air and dry out. 
  • I love the handle. Sometimes my gym bag gets super bulky, and I like to carry my shoes outside of the bag. The handle makes it easy to do this.
  • There's no way my shoes are escaping this bag
  • I could use it for when I travel and shove it in my luggage.
  • There is enough room for the flipflops I use for showering post-run. (FYI, my foot size is 7.5).
Rating
I'm not sure why I always rate things 5/5. I only seem to review the things I love. I'm just going to nix out this section. ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment