Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Recipe: Shrimp & Spinach Pasta - For Lunch!

I was cooking up a batch of pastas a few nights ago for lunches, and randomly came up with this: Mmm! Tasty! I thought I share the recipe. It might be random, but I jotted down everything because I'm counting calories.

Servings : 6
Calories per serving: 362
Ingredients:
  • Catelli Whole Wheat Pasta 375g box (6 servings)
  • Defrosted - Frozen Cooked and Peeled Prawns (1 bag of 454g)
  • 1 Red Onion 3 cups of Tomato Sauce (I used Western Family - the super tall can)
  • 2 cups of Spinach 1 Red Bell Pepper
  • 5 Large Mushrooms
  • 1 Tablespoon of minced Garlic
  • 1 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar (I used Safeway Select)
  • 1 Teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt for preparing the pasta
Steps:
  1. Boil the pasta in salt water as you normally would and to your liking (firm, al dente, soft). Drain, and run under cold water. I then divvied it up amongst 6 containers.
  2. Divvy up your can of tomato sauce amongst the 6 containers (about 1/2 cup each).
  3. Preheat your sauce pan (or wok - cuz I don't have a saucepan!) on medium to high heat Add the ingredients in this order:
    • teaspoon of olive oil and garlic
    • red onion
    • prawns
    • red peppers
    • mushrooms
    • balsamic vinegar
  4. Stir fry the above ingredients.
  5. Once everything is cooked, turn off the heat and stir in your spinach. There should be enough heat to just cook your spinach.
  6. Divvy up the stir fry to each container.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment