Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I can have pretty nails again! - Gel Nail Polish

I had unintentionally gave up on getting manicures because they don't last very long. I used to get weekly manicures and monthly pedicures. But since my son was born, I hardly ever got my nails done. I'm constantly washing my hands, dishes etc, that the nail polish would start chipping within a few days.

My dear sweet cousin treated me to a manicure and pedicure a few weeks ago. She told me to try Gel Nail Polish (I remember once when Blublu had told me about Gel Nail Polish before too). So i decided to try it out.

What it is: A special nail polish that is UV-cured.
Benefits: Because the polish is cured using a UV light, your nails are completely dry right out of the drying lamp. You can rummage through your purse for your keys with no worries! Gel Nail Polish also lasts for a very long time (approx 2 weeks) without chipping.
Cost: Approximately $10-$15 more than a standard manicure.



Nails Freshly done by Glossnails (Sacramento,CA)
 I chose Gelish brand nail polish. It's been about 3-4 weeks since I had my nails done and they're in pretty good condition despite it starting to grow out. You do need to get the polish soaked off though, regular nail polish won't take care of it.

Gelish Nail Polish!
There are plenty of other brands of Gel Nail polishes. Ask your manicurist if they have Gel polishes! Become a believer. I highly recommend this for people that work in the food industry, crafters, etc. No more worries about nail polish getting chipped, scratched or worn out! :)

1 comment:

  1. Manicures/Pedicures fit for athletes. Actually, they last 4 to 6 weeks on toes! Love the purple color!

    I removed my own. I filed the gel polish, then soaked cotton with nail polish remover, placed it over my nail, then wrapped each finger with aluminum foil and waited a longass time. When I removed the cotton-foil combo on my hand, the polish was peeling off :)

    ReplyDelete