Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Returning Products - Not my Favorite Thing to Do

I had picked up the Biore Warming Blackhead Cream Cleanser and had decided to return it because it broke me out after one use. My skin is quite sensitive. I think it can't handle anything harsh like the 2% of Salicylic Acid that is found in the product. In other words, wrong product for my skin type.


Thing is, I hate doing returns (unless it's Sephora). Sometimes it just feels like I'm being interrogated or guilted...or both.
They: Why do you want to return this? Who else has used this? What about women in developing countries who don't even get facial scrub, did you think about that? Ingrate.
Me: OMG! I'm sorry!! So sorry! I'll buy like 10 more of these products that don't work for me!
So I asked my husband to do the return as he has no problems asking for money back.

We went up to the Customer Service counter at the drugstore, and the following conversation takes place...

Customer Service Manager: Was there anything wrong with it?

<silence>

My husband (who is South Asian): I used to be white.
This made me bust my gut. Note to self: Doing returns? Ask the hubby.

Anyone else uncomfortable returning products that don't work?

2 comments:

  1. I hate returning items too! I've never been given a major guilt trip, but i fear the conversation you posted up! LOL! Hubby is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank Biore for making me more useful to my wife. I've also used some of their products for the manly man's facial skin post-shaving and they worked awesome!

    ReplyDelete