Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happiness came in the mail today! Garmin Forerunner 305

In mid January I took up running to take my weight loss and fitness to the next level. I wanted the hotness of a runner's physique and I also wanted to tackle on something that I couldn't do before. I started with an accelerated version of the "Couch to 5K program", then I completed two 5Ks in the past month. Now I want to work on my speed and train for a 10K.

I had been using my IPhone with the Nike+ GPS app. But shortly became fascinated with all of the stats my runner friends were posting about their runs thanks to their Garmin Forerunners. UH OH...I want a new gadget!

After doing a little bit of research, I ended up ordering the Garmin Forerunner305.

It came in the mail today! As I was ready to start charging this bad boy up so that I can play around with it tonight, my dad walks by my cubicle (yes, I work with my dad) and proceeds to inquire about my new gadget:

Dad: Oh, you bought one of those TOO?
Me: TOO?
Dad: Yeah, I bought one a while back, but it was too advanced for me, so I never used it. You can have it.
Me: WHAT?!
Dad: Yea, *looks at amazon receipt* Darn, I paid way more.

I could've had a Garmin Forerunner305 for free all this time (ok, so it's only been 3 months)!!! Oh well, it was still exciting to open up a box. :) One of my bosses who is a hardcore runner told me that I had made a good choice. He had upgraded to a 405, but told me that the 305 is his favorite.

Soon to come:
Garmin Forerunner305 Review


3 comments: