Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Burned! The Hubby said that I needed a PowerBand bracelet!

The family went to Sports Chalet over the weekend to exchange the Crocs that I had bought my 2 year old son. As my husband, Duke, went to exchange the shoes, he couldn't help but fall for the PowerBand bracelet display.



Lately, Duke has been suffering from arthritis, particularly when there is a drastic change in the weather. He mistook the PowerBand bracelet with those Ion type bracelets. Both have been researched or noted to be scams (results are typically due to the placebo effect), but he didn't care. He thought, "Shoot, these things look pretty darn cool!"

I'll admit, I was about to buy one because it looked cool (I swear I wasn't going to ask random people to try to pull me down, and stand heroically with my hands on my hips due to their failed attempts!). The bracelets remind me of the "LiveStrong" bracelets, only these bracelets aren't for a good cause. But there wasn't a price tag on the boxes when I looked at them a few weeks ago so I passed them up.

Back to last weekend. So Duke was proudly wearing the bracelet and then tells me that I should get one since I'm so clumsy and my balance is terrible. WHAT??? 'SCUSE ME? Apparently my inner voice was louder than I thought, and he proceeded to tell me how I'm always falling down when we were in school and stuff.

I could only think of one occasion where I [was totally sober and] fell down in front of him at school and this was yearsssss ago!

Ok, so you're probably now wondering, "What's this story where you fell down in front of Duke?"

This is when Duke and I were first dating. Jr. Year of college. We were taking a quiz. I'm a very nervous test taker, and apparently, I had crossed my legs so hard, my leg fell asleep! I completed my quiz, got up to turn it in (thinking my sleepy leg wasn't that bad) only to discover my left leg won't move and fell on my ass. Duke was sitting next to me and grabbed my arm and lessened the severity of the fall. Embarrassing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment