Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

A Taste of Couponing and I think I Like it!

So with successful weight loss comes the bittersweet task of having to buy new clothes. It's awesome that I "have to" buy new clothes, however it sucks to have to spend money because you "have to".  I've learned to wait until there are sales or coupon promos and I've gotten some pretty sweet deals on decent stores like Ann Taylor Loft (So far my biggest bargain there is a nice glittery sheer cardigan originally about $60 and I got it for like $7!). My patience with trying to get a good deal came only with clothes shopping. I've seen TLC's extreme couponing several times, I knew I didn't have the patience to do what most of those people do but guess what? I gave it a try.

I had to go to Target after work, I went on http://coupons.target.com/ to see if there are any decent coupons before I left and selected any coupons that looked like it was something I could use. To my surprise, most of the Items that I had printed coupons for had temporary price cuts!

Here were some of my awesome buys (I don't aim to get 90% savings...i'm just happy to save on stuff i normally pay full price for):

Rice Krispies Treats 8-count! Orig $2.54, Temporary Price cut $1.99 + $0.50 printable coupon = $1.49.


 
 Dropps Laundry detergent 20count. Original price $7.99, Temporary Price cut $4.99 + $2 printable coupon = $2.99!

Original price 2/$4.48 + $1.25 off 2 printable coupon+ $0.75 off 2 newspaper coupon = $2.48 for two!

Original Price $0.99 + $0.50 printable coupon = $0.49

Original Price $3-something, Temporary price cut $2.39+ $1 newspaper coupon = $1.39!

Orig. $9.99 + $2.00 Printable coupon+ $3.00 newspaper coupon = $4.99!

Please remember that these are all prices from Target in my area. But i believe you can print these coupons for any store, although your store may not carry all items with coupons. Be cautious as well. Becaue of the increase of "Extreme Couponers" target does limit the ability to print coupons. So don't goof around and hit "print" because you won't be able to print again! You also cannot print to PDF.

Some of you may know that I am a bigggg Greek Yogurt Fan! I love Fage but it's so darn expensive. Right now Safeway has them on sale for $1.25 each! On top of that, you can go to http://www.fageusa.com/products/offers/ and print out $2 off 5 Fage yogurt! $0.85 each!

You can always go to costco and buy a huge tub of Fage 0%  for $4.99 and put your own ingredients to sweeten it (i.e honey). but the Cherry is to DIE for. I am going to try the blueberry acai one.

Anyways...I've learned that Target does allow for some coupon stacking. A really good resource is www.krazycouponlady.com she's always posting up great deals, has breakdowns for several popular stores and even lists their coupon policies (if available) she even has a page on facebook so you can get the latest and greatest deals!

Now that I've got a taste of couponing, I think I'm sorta hooked now! I'm not as aggressive as most couponers but I'm definitely enjoying the savings! :) I'll definitely be snatching up the company's sunday coupon inserts for SURE!

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment